Monday, April 16, 2012

Think Pink: Tampa Bay Rays

So the first things I sketched was the TB and Rays script, but didn't know what to do with them. I tweaked them, and got the shape of it. In English class, I started to draw a ray based on memory, then all of a sudden I nailed the shape. I had to turn in the notes, but I then drew it like 10 times in a notebook and went with it. I got home and started to work. I knew I wanted to do an effect like a gradient, but similar to the final product. I started to mess around and it turned out looking like this. I just went with it after finalizing the colors. I drew up a Tampa Bay script that matches the Rays, and finalize the logo set. So yeah, I basically cranked this out. Completely drawn on inkscape, and not traced. I put together some uniforms based off the currents, and really REALLY want a cap with the road uniform.


1 comment:

  1. This is genius. Talk about boring colors in the American league... The Rays' pink and the Astros' purple would really brighten up the American League. I don't know why major league teams are so shy to use pink. No major pro sports team uses pink!
    Great primary and gradient too!

    ReplyDelete