Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bringing the Rowdies Back

This past week, the USL(United soccer league), a non affiliated MLS "minor league", announced that Tampa Bay will get a team in 2010. They decided to name the team, the Tampa Bay Rowdies. As you may, or may not know, the Rowdies was the name of the NASL team in the 1970's. The NASL was the Major soccer league at the time, mostly remembered for the New York Cosmos, who signed Brazilian star, Pele. The Rowdies were one of the best teams, and the Cosmo's biggest rivals. Getting back on topic, here's the logo that they made for the new team.They added navy blue to their colour scheme. The star at the top represents the NASL championship the team won. So because I have a logo, I made a kit set, with a new soccer template I made. Hope you like.I based the uniform off the Argentina kit, which I used because the old NASL team had stripes on their sleeves. The sponsor is a restaurant, here in the Bay area(Its very good too). So that's what I have for now. I'll try to get a new RtMLB logo set up tomorrow, so comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment