Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mariners concept

Miss me? lol.

So since I made the switch to inkscape, I havn't posted a completed concept (I've done several, but I'm saving them for later. )

So anywho, I really like when cities have the same colour scheme for all their teams. See Pittsburgh. Since the Sonics moved away, Seattle has 1 major team NOT 2 tone blue, and lime green. That team would be the Mariners.

So the direction I went in was changing the colours, not using the compass, and tying the logos with Seattle more. The current scheme seems too dark, and the aqua isn't used much anymore. I went with the Space Needle used in all of these. This concept really goes back to this concept I did in my old redesigning the MLB series.

The main logo uses aspects from this logo. The cap logos are a S and M(hahah) with the Space Needle. The scripts are basically the same. I added the Needle on the first letter in the same place as the cap logos.


For the jerseys, I changed a lot. I added piping to them. I also used the M's alternate numbers, since it ties in with the script. Plus, I mean, the other option was block. The BP is lime green. I chose that because another blue jersey wouldn't be as cool.

I tried my best to stay consistent with the numbers, and scripts.

So how'd I do? I have ideas for a Giants concept too.

C&C, por favor.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but this does not look good at all! I think what the Mariners have right now is good but this looks too much like the Seahawks (who have terrible uniforms by the way) and the neon green looks hideous! I think maybe you could work on a redesign of the Toronto Blue Jays logo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think you should put the space needle behind the S in Seattle

    ReplyDelete