Thursday, April 25, 2013

A-League Rebrands- Adelaide United

Thought I would do something different, and stay out of the hair of the US Soccer rebrands going around. Since they follow me on twitter, I decided the A-League would be a good league to rebrand. My goal is to have a 16 team, all Australian league. There is 9 now, plus 1 New Zealand team, so expansion will happen. The league has some meh logos, a lot of gradient. I'm gonna just go with what they have and make them presentable.


So this was the first team I did in this series. The logo had a lot of potential, but it needed to not look thrown together. I made the blue bolder, thickened the outlines, and arched the words to make it look like it isn’t slapped on there. The kits are based off the killer jumpers the Adelaide Crows use, since both teams use the same colors. I read that they were nicknamed “The Reds”, but wanted to make a balanced kit, so the clash has very minimal red.


No comments:

Post a Comment