Sunday, September 14, 2008

Turn Ahead the Clock NHL

So on my favorite blog, Icethtics, Chris would post crazy fan art. Recently he's been busy, so he hasn't been posting any art. It was one of my favorite series. So I was thinking "How can I help bring it back?" So I thought of the MLB's Turn Ahead the Clock nights. I remember the tackiness of the uniforms. So I whipped up some concepts for the teams mostly favoured on Icethetics. The Canucks, Sabers, and Leafs. They turned out pretty tacky(in the good way).Here's my Canucks.I was going for the wrap around look on the D-Backs jersey. Next I made a Sabers jersey. The buff-a-slug(I hate calling it that) seems to work on it.
Last is a Maple Leafs jersey, that if the Leafs would wear in real life, there would be a riot in Toronto.
Looking at them, now that I think about it. Is it really that different from what the NHL did in the mid 90's? Man I'd like to own that jersey. So that's what I have for today. Tell us how you feel about these...eyesores...in the comments. Or write us an email. Send in concepts, probably a post tomorrow. Check in later.

2 comments:

  1. Wow i'm surprised no1 commented and its half a year tht you posted this. I'm a jersey collector and love very rar things, i actually own a wildwing mighty ducksjersey and am thinking abotbuying an Angels TATC jersey on eBay. I think the nHL should do tht for fun for like 1 weekend, obviously a bit better han the mlb did lol. Some of those jrsey werent too bad but most of them were rediculous. I'm a phillies fan and i mean ours was def the top3 ugliest TATC jersey, like wtf is the turbocharged shit, y not a liberty bell, or our skyline or something better lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about all the spelling erors i was typing really fast, some of my word aren't even spaced lol

    ReplyDelete