Tuesday, October 12, 2010

ACC LAX 1

Hello.

So I'm probably going to end my baseball career, and start playing lacrosse. Hmm, I never do lacrosse concepts. Lemme backtrack, I went to North Carolina this summer, and to the NC State bookstore. They had some NC State lacrosse gear, thing is, they don't play D1, just a club team. I was watching the NC State-Boston College game this past Saturday and thought of that shirt, since I was wearing a shirt from the bookstore. What if the ACC was their own conference? I knew that only a few colleges played D1. Sure enough, when I went online when i got home i looked up the Ncaa Rankings

1. Virginia- D1 Independents
2. North Carolina- D1 Independents
3. Duke- D1 Independents
4. Maryland- D1 Independents

This is madness! So I thought that's where I'll start. 3 part series, coming up now.

The actual teams
1. Virginia
A Nike school, I thought if I tried some piping it would be pretty cool. I tried making the jerseys realistic. The darker part is suppose to resemble mesh, if you didn't get that. Honestly, I just kinda made this one.


2. North Carolina
I didn't have much to go on here, so I searched the basketball jerseys. One pic was from Hansborrough's days there, with jerseys with the neck horns things. Well, I did that. I went simple with the tops, then put argyle going up the pants to make them more Tarheel-y.


3. Duke
I wanted to go to something more Adidas like. I made something that looked like a jersey in my Adidas Championship Division thread. Then, I HAD to do some tri-stripes. I matched up the numbers and script. This might actually be my favorite.


4. Maryland
I love the yellow and black thing they do. LOVE it, and I figured out an easy way to do it. I ran it up the sleeves and underarms. Then, since it was Under Armour, I had to do some piping! What seems easy, actually was me adding a lot on. It ended up with space for mesh underarms! I did have the underarm pattern go down the pants, but the thing is, it looked like a basketball uniform. I just decided to make it with piping in the end.


So thats it for now. I'll have 4 schools that should maybe have one, ones thats more realistic.

Comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment