Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dunedin Scots

Hey gang.

I've done this concept before, but not on inkscape. Here was my last concept.

Basically, I'm rebranding the Jays' A ball team from the Jays to the Scots. Dunedin has a lot of Scottish heritage. The high school band plays bagpipes, and there is highlanders on the town welcome sign. So when I was in Scotland, and I caught myself thinking about this. It could be better. I started sketching it, and I realized that I had some things that I hadn't done. I added detail to the beard. Just a little scruff, but it adds so much. I changed the colors to a more Blue Jays scheme, with dual blues and black. The Script is custom. I had it in mind for a while, but couldnt get it worked out. I tweeked it for about 4 days strait, and came up with that. The bagpipe logo is somewhat silly. It has been called the "batpipe" logo. The bats are the pipes, yeah. I added shadow, and fixed the rope from my original. The jerseys have simple piping, and outlines. Then for the alt, I made a Jays-like cap. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment