Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dunedin Scots

This concept was originally for my new minor league blog.

Alright, so I went to a local Florida State League game, the team was the Dunedin Blue Jays. It's the Advanced A ball team for the Toronto Club, and spring training home. Personally I dislike the minor teams having the pro clubs team name. I almost bought a cap, but since it's nothing special(like the Clearwater Threshers set) I didn't. I thought it would be cool if they rebranded with a new team identity. For all of you that don't know, Dunedin is Scots-Gaelic for Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. I chose the name Scots to represent that. I didn't chose highlanders, 'cause that's the middle school's team name.

Alright that was the back story, here's the logos. I chose navy, and green as the colours. I did that because the pictures of tartan kilts are those colours, and the Scottish national teams are blue. The scripts are cursive "Scots", and "Dunedin", with the secondary being a cursive D. The primary is Scots over bagpipes!!!!one!1! The high school's band plays bagpipes, so I thought it would work. The tertiary is an angry Scotsman! It was modeled after the Ottawa Senators zephyr hat logo. The only thing I don't know about is the primary, and the tertiary. Even though they're the coolest.

Jerseys. Nothing out of the ordinary here. I used 2 piping...things? One navy, and one green. I made a blue alternate too.
Here's what they would look like ON THE PLAYERS!!!! XTREME!The X makes it cool.

Alright laddies, and lassies. C&C is welcome. I might make a tartan alternate if you guys would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment