Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2013 Winter Classic

I finally did something that I've had in mind for a long time!
So here is a concept for an all Florida Winter Classic. Obviously, it's a joke. The weather down there for New Years is about mid 60s, and Raymond James Stadium hosts a bowl game on New Years Day! But one can dream. 

I took the Winter Classic script from the last 3 years, and some aspects over the years with the snowflakes, NHL logo, and puck. I did a beach scene, and a palm tree for the area, just for cliche effect.

The jerseys were the best part, and they were just silly. The Bolts' set is an old alternate I made last season with the Habs' stripes with Tampa Bay on the chest. The only difference is vintage white. The Panthers set has old 1920s stripes, and beige pants. I didn't want to do a throwback for Tampa, and Florida doesn't have that much of a vintage history, so Faux-backs will do!

Comment, everyone. I might do some more, I might not. You'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Love it but.... I think it should be in the new marlins ballpark with the retractable roof and maybe at night because when it's christmas here it's like in the 80's and on new years it kinda like in the 60's not the coldest but i think Dan Craig can pull it off in 2013 but rumours are surrounding Mo Town and the Nations Capital

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Fury

    The first year of this series was held outdoors. Using a baseball stadium for the Winter Classic isnt new, and makes it possible. The only issue I can see is doing the Winter Classic in a bowl area like Florida. I do hope long term the Winter Classic continues, and they start to bring in the warn weather teams (even if they use a cold weather neutral site).

    ReplyDelete