Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Rays Internship Graphics

Hey guys, big news! After 4 months of being out of school and doing nothing but improving my skills, I finally have a design gig for a major sports team. The Tampa Bay Rays have offered me the position for an internship in their design department. Cool right? I had to work for it, and after the interview, they cut down the field and sent a design test to the remaining people. 

The designs were the following
1) create a print ad for a Kevin Kiermaier gold glove bobble head, and a Rays pennant as giveaways. 
2) create a social media graphic for the Kiermaier bobble head, complete with a custom hash tag.

So here's what I made


Not sure how many people reading this want to make design their career, but my advice to you is to create as much as you can, and create a good network of people whose opinions you listen to. I started posting on the Creamer boards when I was 14, and now I'm 22 and lined up a gig that will surely lead to bigger things.

Follow my twitter @michaeldanger19 if you want to keep up with what I'm making


No comments:

Post a Comment