Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hockey Concepts

Well, it was pleasantly cold down here in Florida today, so I decided to do some hockey concepts.

The first is for my team, the Tampa Bay Lightning. I only like the current alternate, only because it's blue. It's has random piping, and "Bolts" across the chest. So I did what I would do to it. I made a classic blue jersey, and put the Florida logo as the crest. I did put the Bolts script on the shoulder, so there wouldn't be Tampa Bay in small letters like on the primary logo.


Next was the Bruins. They have such a nice logo set. One of my favorite logos is the bear logo(see crest). Their alternate is the same as the home, but without a shoulder yoke, and a new logo. I say they shoulda gone nuts, and went yellow. 29 of 30 of the homes in the NHL are black, red, or blue(The Flyers changed to orange this season). I followed a similar yoke, and made new sleeve stripes because white on yellow doesn't really provide contrast. So here ya go!


EDIT:
Felt like doing 1 more. Personally, I LOVE the Johnny Canuck logo you see below. So I used it on this green alt jersey. I made it different than the current, with piping, and outlines on the numbers. Way better than their current Alt which is their home with a retro stick-in-ice logo. This is way better, in my opinion.

I think I did a pretty good job on these. So what do you say? Leave a comment.

Thanks to Speedy from the CCSLC boards for this awesome template.

3 comments:

  1. That bruins one is pretty sweet, and the bolts is an upgrade. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my lame attempt at a concept blog is back up! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Gold Bruins Jersey!

    ReplyDelete