Saturday, December 5, 2009

UF, FSU, and The U

I've been working on these for the last week, but I just get to post them after the Gators lose! This set of concepts are for the 3 major teams in Florida, UF, FSU, and The U. Come to think of it, all of these were influenced by the Nike Pro Combat set they wore.

21/120 Florida
Since my last one sucked, here's my new Gators concept. I used the stripes they have now, but changed them slightly. All of their stripes go Orange-Blue-White-Blue-Orange. I made the middle stripe the colour of the body of the jersey. Then on the middle stripe, I added a gator skin pattern. pretty revolutionary. I wasn't a fan of the white helmets, until the Pro Combat set was played in. I used it here. I brought back the Orange jerseys that Emmit Smith wore during his tenure in Gainesville. Here it is!
Here's a close up of the stripes.

22/120 Florida State
Since this was one of the best Pro Combat sets released, I based this concept off of it. Lets see... I used the updated numbers. I used the feather from that set on the collars, and pants. The arrow is an updated one, that I found online. I believe it's Rare Design's. I put the FSU logo on the sleeves. The alternate is an all black for the Unconquered tradition.
23/120 Miami
Pro Combat focused on an aspect of the logo. Part orange, part green. The numbers were, and on the stripe on the pants, both sides were different. I had an idea like this, but never finished. I did that idea on the white jersey. I pretty much made up most of the rest, like the little stripes at the end of each big stripe. The sleeve cuffs are 2 different colours, see my nifty presentation for that. Oh! I made the primary orange, a throwback to the Burney Kosar era.

Comments, yo.

I might take a break for a few weeks on the NCAA concepts. I have baseball conditioning, no ideas, and an idea for a truly EPIC series.

1 comment: