Sunday, August 1, 2010

Detroit Tigers

Hey! 300th post! Here is a gift to everyone!

15/30 Detroit Tigers
Now, this might be a little radical. I moved away from the classic Tigers look, and took it into a direction I thought would also be cool. I like the D primary logo better than the D on the cap, so I used it here. I also threw in some outlines to tie it in with the other logos. I realized the cursive scripts weren't doing much, and there wasn't any old English scripts yet. The primary is a throwback to the logo from the 70s-80s. Finally, I used the turn of the century tiger head as a patch, and on the primary. But everyone does that, since its awesome. On the scripts, I swapped the outlines. Currently, the script is blue/orange/white. And the white clashes with the grey on the road. Same on the jersey.

To me, the jerseys are odd because the piping is JUST on the chest. That just seems unbalanced. I also wanted to implement the colour orange more than they do now. The caps have the same pattern with a white logo on the home and alt, then orange on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment