Tuesday, June 7, 2011

NHL Canada: West



5/7 Edmonton Oilers
I NEVER choose to go retro with this concept, but I thought when I made it on inkscape, it looked so good. I darkened the blue and orange, and brought back the roughneck logo. The current homes remain the same. I matched the road to the home, depicting the Gretzky years. Finally, the alternate is an orange version of the home, which would sell well in Edmonton, at like, the mall or something.


6/7 Calgary Flames
I'm not a fan of the throwback, or the current, but the current could be improved on. That's what I did here. I tried simplifying it, no crazy stripes or anything. The under arm is full black, not crazy. Two simple black and yellow stripes on the sleeves. The roads are a white version of the home. The font is also block, instead of the italicized ones now. The new alt is a black version, which reminds me of the days with the horse logo.


7/7 Vancouver Canucks
Last, the Western Conference champs. Instead of all this whale/Johnny/Ice rink mixmatch, I went with one. The choice was simple, Vancouver Orcas, Vancouver Ice-something, Vancouver Canucks. The V logo is the primary, with the running Johnny as an alt. No silver is used outside the logo, and I used a navy to go with the blue-green northwest feel. I decided to put yoke piping to balance out the top with the simple stripes. Finally, the green alt with the full body logo because he's wearing green! Simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment