Wednesday, January 14, 2015

WIHF - Winter Classic

I took some inspiration with the Winter Classic logo. I used the previous MLB All-Star game, and other Winter Classics as inspiration. The trees make a pattern where the negative space makes the same shape as the tree. I put some snowflakes, and a frozen pond on it because the State of Hockey is the land of 10,000 lakes. Striped sleeves are such an underrated hockey design. I love throwback uniforms like that. I wanted to do a faux back for the Wild because the color scheme is so unique. I went red tops with heavy green accents. The Wild’s script is based after all those hockey teams in the states with a cursive font. The Stars look is an off white, with a lot of black. Off white is very underrated, and when used right it’s absolutely great. I threw in the kelly green to add some color to the look. I wanted a classic look that could be an everyday uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment