Friday, May 29, 2015

American Premier League


I've had this idea for a few weeks. It started when I was playing FIFA 15, as i played in lower tiers of England in Manager mode, and Be A Pro. What if America had storied teams like England does. I love US soccer, but there's something way cooler with a team that was formed a hundred years ago that bounced between top levels compared to 3 new USL teams springing up every year, so I started researching the old American Soccer League, and teams like the Bethlehem Steel. The ASL folded due to fighting between the league and the US Soccer Federation and the US Open Cup. Not to mention the Great Depression. I began planning a 3 tier, 20 team each league with various cities across the US, but with a major focus on the North East, where the main teams would've been located in the 1930s. Since the US started to grow south and west, some teams would've been founded in the 50s and 60s.

Then I made my new template. I wanted to test out how it works through concept. Then next thing I know, I'm 11 teams in. Basically all the following teams will have older sounding names. I'm making a point to not use FC, because hypothetically when the teams started they would need to distinguish between soccer and football.This wont effect my World Baseball Cup series at all, because I have most of those concepts done. I just want to show off my new template, which can be downloaded here.

I have a good idea of who I want where and which leagues, but I'd love some (emphasis on some) ideas for teams. So sit back! I would love a football manager mod if anyone wants to give it a try, I would help provide the stadiums and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment