Thursday, September 16, 2010

2014 Sochi logo

Sorry guys, I've had a busy week. I haven't even opened inkscape this week. Ill do some things for you over the weekend. Here are things I never posted.

From the artist who brought you these... I now present my concept for the Sochi Winter Olympics. The bid logo used, I think is worlds better than the current. The current is just words, and the bid was just a logo. Both are seen here, and here.

When I first started all I did looked like the bid logo. I found the design inspiration thread in the lounge. Looked through that, and got a rough idea with a cube. I made the cube, looking good. Each face needed something. The Olympic logo was a given. I looked at the geography of Sochi, and the mountain ranges are close to the water, like the whole city is. The left side is mountains reflecting over water. The top face is the snowflake from the bid logo, which is epic.


The reason i never posted this was it got mixed reviews on the boards, and I never went back. So there, look at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment