Sunday, August 16, 2015

Footy as Football - Newcastle

This was one of the originals I drew up when I first thought of this project. Newcastle's nickname is the Magpies, due to their white and black color scheme. I love the look of the actual bird, so I was excited to make this logo. Their scheme really pops, so that was fun to play with.

The logo is an angular bird that looks similar to the Atlanta Falcons logo. I needed to show the back of the wing with the white and blue, and I felt this was the best way to do it.

Their kits are white and black striped, so i thought the best way to show this would be stripes like the Colts have. I threw silver into the scheme just because I couldn't decide on white or black, and the Panthers made that work so far.



Update - Swapped silver with white



No comments:

Post a Comment