Monday, July 18, 2011

CFL Pro Combat Pt 1

You heard me.

I've done a NFL series before, and I thought it would be fun to do some CFL concepts. In alphabetical order...

1/8 BC Lions
I didn't want black to be a major part of the jerseys, like the all black alt. These two follow the home and road sets. I made a sleeve design complete with piping. I put the alternate claw logo on the sleeves, so there wouldn't be 3 BC logos visible from the side. Also, the logo when backwards would habe the letters backwards. The numbers are located on the sleeves. Lastly, the pants were meant to match the jersey.


2/8 Calgary Stampeders
This was the last one I did. I like piping, there I said it. But not just piping can be found, I put a shoulder stripe running front to back, studded with black circles making them seem like horseshoes, inspired by the unused alternate logo. I thought the numbers worked well with the set, and it just happened to be the Broncos' set. I decided to make another set with the nike triangle gradient on the sleeves. The gradients are also on the pants stripe.


3/8 Edmonton Eskimos
I changed the logo. NO BLACK. I didn't realize how bad the logo looked like that. I deleted all forms of black. One thing that works, is the Packers' yellow/green/yellow/green. I didn't like how they had green monochrome, so I matched it with the packers. The sleeve stripes remain the same, and I threw in piping to separate from the Packers. I also didn't put yellow outlines on the numbers.


4/8 Hamilton Tiger Cats
I decided that a yellow jersey would be very nice. I gave the set tiger stripes, giving it it's own feel. Tiger stripes should be prominent in this set. The yellow socks make the leotard look a non factor. On a unrelated note, I think the Tiger-Cats have the best logos in sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment