Tuesday, June 15, 2010

San Diego Padres

7/30 San Diego Padres
I'm continuing to get rid of the blues in the majors. This is one of the easier teams to do that. The padres use to have a sweet colour scheme in Brown/yellow/orange. I just HAD to bring it back. But thats it, I kept the current logos. I made the swinging friar more prominent in the set. Consistency was also lacking. The only script with a drop shadow was the Padres one. What I did was use the same effect on the cap logo and the San Diego script.

The jerseys are a throwback to the jerseys used back when the colours were used. They had 3 stripes on the sleeves, so I brought it back, with the same pattern on the collar. The numbers match the scripts, but I decided to not put outlines on the name. The home cap has the yellow front, since it would clash with the grey. The alternate is also a throwback to the road brown set they wore with yellow sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment