Sunday, October 19, 2008

My take on more NHL thirds

Hey everyone. I have my take on some new NHL thirds. First is my concept for the Penguins. Here's what Chris described it as on Icethetics.
Kudos to the Penguins for staying with the jersey the club wore during the Outdoor Classic in Buffalo last Jan. 1st. It’s a replica of the home jersey the Penguins wore starting in 1968-69, their second year in the NHL: Predominantly light-blue in color, with broad white stripes trimmed in dark blue on the sleeves and uniform base. A large, dark-blue stripe is at the tip of each arm. The neckline is dark-blue with the lace-up feature. The dark-blue, circular Penguins' logo is on the front.

I'm perfectly fine with them doing that. But I'd like it if they made it more modern, like what the Sabers did, with their third. So I added piping, and changed it up a bit, and I really like how it turned out.I also changed the logo, i added a light blue outline to the letters, and changed the penguins triangle from yellow, to Vegas gold. Moving on. I have one for the Canucks. Chris had a leak of the jersey on icethetics. It was basically as he described it.
The Canucks are going back to their inception in 1970-71 by bringing back the predominantly blue road jersey the club wore. At the bottom of the jersey – and on each arm – is a broad green stripe flanked by a pair of white stripes. The club’s original “hockey-stick-in-a-rink” logo is outlined in green and white on the front.

I don't like the rink logo, but I love the Canuck V logo. So I used it. I also used an unused logo for the team. I also made the jersey green, since no other team has a green jersey.Nothing big. That's all the hockey concepts for now. I'll post another fantasy football concept later today. Hopefully the Rays will win tonight. Send in your concepts and, they will get posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment