Thursday, May 14, 2009

Edmonton Oilers rebrand

Alright, so I started doodling in class the other day. It started to look like an oil rig. I just kept adding some things to it, and it ended up as a logo for the Edmonton Oilers. The first thing I did, was change the colour scheme. I exchanged the current red, for the retro orange. I made a new script for 3 of the logos. I made a tertiary with an oil drop, instead of the rig. Also, I added the Roughneck logo(love it) as the secondary.On the Jerseys, I made a modern look, with retro striping.Alright, C&C por favor.

3 comments:

  1. A+... very nice concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's an interesting idea, but the white jersey really reminds me of the older NY Islander white jerseys, where they had the fisherman standing in front of the net?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color scheme and the overall look of the two jerseys, but you can't mess with the traditional Oiler logo. I wouldn't mind this jersey as a third-jersey option, though.

    ReplyDelete