Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tampa Bay Rays

4/30 Tampa Bay Rays
Hit or miss concept here. I have always said I wish the Rays got good in their Green and Black set. But I still love the combo of Navy and Light blue. Thus, I mixed it. Currently, 20 teams have royal/navy blue as one of their main 2 colours, when there is 1 green team. I decided to make it 2, with a accent colour you don't normally see with green.

I kept the sting ray logo, since it's the only logo that has survived in this team's history. I made a whole new script. I drew it on paper, and this font pretty much matched it. I went to the green set motif for the cap logo, a TB with a sting ray. The primary is based off the one now, just with the font I used.

THe jerseys are essentially the same ones as now, with number outlines, and green instead of Navy. No light blue jersey. I don't like those.



I decided I hated the one above, so redid it.

4b/30 Tampa Bay Rays
I needed a better script, and a better hat. So I see what they have in their past. The previous logos were onto something, but it was lacking something. The current one is really nice, but it could be added to. I decided to tilt them, and to be honest, it adds a lot. I kept the current scripts, taking out the sun ray. Using the same colour scheme with this one too, but replacing black with dark green. There really was no where I could put a ray in that primary without looking forced. I'm up for suggestions, but nothing wowed me. here is the new work!

The last jersey, they just seemed boring, and needed more green. The Rays used vests before so its no big deal on this one. I based the script colour choice on the number/outline combo. Other than that, these are similar to my concept on page 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment