Thursday, July 22, 2010

Adidas Championship Division: Part 2

Indiana Premier FC
I found the lack of chevrons on the jersey/crest in the MLS kinda lame. I think that chevrons look really good if used right. There also is no purple in the league. I wanted to try new things, and new colours so this concept knocked out both of it. It had to be a darker purple so it would at least be a little bit fierce. The dark purple-Las Vegas Gold seems to pop. The name is somewhat based off the new name of my sister's soccer team. I thought the name Premier really was cool for a soccer team. I had to use chevrons on the front, the ones from the crest. Some designing went on to make a new adidas cut. The sponsor went on the back, simply because there was no place to put them on the front. With the removal of the sponsor on the front, I added numbers! Neat! How'd I do?


New York Cosmos
The LA Galaxy of their time, and one of the most successful soccer team in NASL history. There are talks of bringing a second team to New York, and this is the way to do it if they do. Plus, with a throwback 1970s team, it gives the hipsters a team to root for, because it's ironic.

I wanted to update the logo. But, I just can't. It's fantastic already, it truly is. The kits back then were pretty simple, so I had a blank set. Had to go with a collar too. I'd say this is one of my favorite concepts in this.


AC Phoenix
I really like diamond soccer logos, and wanted one in the league. Well, I got to work it in here. The top of the crest is the flag of Arizona, then on the bottom, the crest of the city of Phoenix. Normally, if someone sees Red/Yellow they go OMG MCDONALDS LOL. Try to see past that please, the colours fit really well. Off center stripe running down the right. I thought the adidas logo, and crest should go on the stirpe, with a sponsor. To balance it out, I put front numbers. A sublimated flag of Arizona. C&C


Minnesota Owls SC
This one was funny in it's planning. I had mentioned one day to TC how there should be more Owl teams. Then later I mentioned how "Super Bowl", can be turned into "Superb Owl". Then thought it would be funny if the Minnesota team were the Superb Owls, because there isn't any in Minnesota. And thus it was born! Brown/Yellow/Light brown= fantastic colour scheme. I went with that here, and it tied into the owls. I noticed I didn't have many crazy designs, and just simple cliche soccer ones. I remembered the breaks in adidas templates, and just kinda made up my own because I could! I went with a yellow clash instead of a white, just for personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment