Saturday, July 18, 2015

Footy as Football - Watford

The 2nd place team from the Championship is the newest team I've done. The team is nicknamed the Hornets, but have a red deer as their logo. It has 100% to do with the colors of the team. I didn't want to throw away tradition, so I kept the deer idea. In a style like the LAFC bear and the Buffalo Bills logo, I did a stylized deer in one color to make it look strong, modern, and bold. I wanted to show motion with the deer, so I made it rear up on it's back legs, but I threw in a ground to show that it isn't flying or anything.

Before I did the logo, I had the idea to do an Eagles' type helmet logo, but with the antler. That's not even the wildest thing about the helmet. Half is yellow, half is black. The current crest is like that, so I split it in homage. I like the uniforms a lot, but a lot of that has to do with the colors. I tried my best to keep black on yellow, but did throw some red in the sleeve in an angled stripe like Nike has used a lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment