Thursday, July 3, 2014

CONCACAF Redux - Honduras

These guys had the worst of the CONCACAF performances at the World Cup.

So Honduras is blue and white, like many teams in Central America. My goal was to make this one unique from other country's kits. I wanted to do some form of stripes. Traditionally, Honduras has had vertical stripes on their jersey. But when I made their crest, I thought that horizontal may work better. The crest has the Honduran flag with an H behind the stars. "La H"s new crest would match a hooped style kit. So I switched them to Adidas from Joma, and gave them a hooped treatment. The white jersey originally had sublimated hoops, but I ditched them for a simple chest stripe. 

UPDATE
I wasn't a fan of the logo or road kit on this one, so I did a little update. The crest is now skinny and tall and I think is cleaner than the original. The white now just has blue sleeves. Pretty template-y and safe, but I tought I really phoned it in on the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment